Queensland Community Achievement Award for Small World!
We love our customers! And apparently you love us too – Small World Journeys was nominated for and received the CUSTOMER SERVICE AWARD at the Queensland Community Achievement Awards. Our team works hard to please, and we’re so chuffed to get this award. We won a prize package worth more than $1,500, plus a cool trophy we’re proudly displaying at our office.
25 November 2022
What Does “Good Customer Service” Mean Anyway?
Our customer service mantra hangs in a frame on our office wall: Be Honest. Be Helpful. Be Grateful.
Our customer service philosophy stems from our core values:
- Absolute Integrity: you the customer can count on us to be honest, transparent, and accountable.
- Passion for Education: we will ask for and listen to your educational goals, and will search for the best ways possible to deliver them.
- Supreme Organisation: we are confident we are the most organised tour company you will ever travel with. Our job is to make your tour easy.
- Unfailing Support of Staff and Guests: we support our staff in myriad ways so they’re happy, helpful people. This means they can commit their time to caring for you.
- Commitment to Sustainability: you can rely on us as a company to support the local economy, environment and community and we will give you opportunities to do the same.
We hire people who are eager to dazzle customers and have a demonstrable history of doing so. We then give them training, both internally and externally, to enhance their skills.
What Are the Queensland Community Achievement Awards?
The Queensland Community Achievement Awards started in 2002, with a regional focus, but is now conducted state wide. The awards have been encouraging, acknowledging and rewarding the valuable contributions that individuals, communities and businesses are making throughout Queensland. These awards recognise those that work tirelessly to improve their communities by promoting the social, economic and environmental prosperity.
Here’s a few nice things teachers have said about us to help us win this award:
“Knowing that Small World provides a great service, it has been proven over the years.”
– Jacob Markham, teacher, Auckland Normal Intermediate School, New Zealand (Sep ’19)
“Laurie was very attentive throughout the booking process. She is incredibly accommodating and willing to do anything to support the groups stay.”
– Tamara Wright, teacher, Northern Beaches Christian School, NSW (May ‘22)
“Extremely professional & excellent customer service throughout the planning stages & on the actual trip”
–Jas Lali, teacher, Amity College, Sydney NSW (March ‘22)
“An outstanding trip where every need and want was catered for. Left no stone unturned.”
–Justin Verco, teacher, Newington College, Sydney NSW (November ’19 and coming Nov ‘22)
“All of the activities were wonderful as promised. All staff were friendly, courteous and extremely professional at all times. Punctual and checked up on the teachers continuously throughout the day. Guides were funny, informative, professional and courteous at all times. I would highly recommend them [Small World Journeys] to anyone who cares to listen.”
–Denise King, teacher, Firbank Grammar School, Melbourne VIC (Feb ’20)
“Deb willingly tailors each of our trips to meet the needs and interests of our students. Her customer service is second to none –she makes us feel that we’re the only people she works with. Her positive attitude and commitment has meant we’ve been able to overcome and meet the different legal requirements of the WA Education Department.”
–Debbie Douglass, teacher, Newman High School, Newman WA (August ‘18)