Our New Policies and Practices in a COVID World
Due to these uncertain times, we have made adjustments to our policies to give you peace of mind when booking. Additionally, we have put in place a number of systems to help prevent any spread of disease. Every teacher/organiser will receive a copy of our extensive COVID-Safe Plan. Our procedures are subject to change depending on local, state and federal requirements surrounding COVID-19. Updates to Small World Journeys’ operations will be reflected in our COVID-Safe Plan.
Our latest safety measures are based on the latest COVID-19 infection rates in our region. At the current time these rates are extremely low, and therefore participating in a Cairns-based tour poses a low-risk. This may be subject to change.
24 January 2021
Some Things We’ve Implemented:
A. We’ve Made Special Generous Cancellation Policies
- If you (the teacher/organiser) cancel the trip due to a state border closing (thus preventing the group from travelling without quarantine) up to 24 hours prior to arriving in Cairns, Small World Journeys will grant a full refund less the $200 deposit and any non-refundable fees paid for certain accommodation.
- If you (the teacher/organiser) postpone the trip more than 1 day prior to trip departure date because Queensland and or/your home state impose state border or regional border restrictions that make it not feasible to travel, we will be happy to transfer 100% of your monies paid to another Small World Journeys trip or different departure date within 12 months of the original trip start date.
- If an individual on a group trip must cancel his or her trip up to the date of departure due to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis (or having been required to quarantine because of exposure to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19), then Small World Journeys shall refund the trip cost to that individual. A letter from a doctor or clinic will be requested, and refund will be issued once the letter has been emailed to Small World Journeys. If an individual discovers s/he has COVID-19 during the course of the Small World Journeys trip, then we will attempt to refund any unused portion, keeping in mind most payments are made to suppliers in advance so we therefore cannot guarantee any refund once the trip has begun. For full terms & conditions click here.
B. Our COVID-Safe Plan is Extensive.
- Our COVID-Safe Plan has been approved by the Australia Tourism Industry Council (ATIC). Businesses that display COVID Clean Practising Business logo provide a reassurance to customers that they have developed and initiated business practices which are specifically aimed to maintain high hygiene standards within their business aimed to stop the spread of COVID-19. New practices include pre-screening customers both on their booking form and when they arrive at the Cairns airport; surface sanitising our buses (which carry only your group at one time – no outsiders); providing masks for everyone if they want to wear them; enabling customer and staff contact tracing; and a safety talk at the beginning of the trip that specifically addresses practices that can help the spread of COVID-19 (and other diseases).
C. We Check Our Suppliers’ Compliance
- In addition to our usual quality control checks, we have personally inspected our suppliers (accommodation, restaurants, and activities) to ensure that their actions are in line with their COVID plan. If we feel that a supplier is not compliant with their own COVID-19 safety plan, then we will not use their services.
To start planning your own school excursion, Contact Us and we’ll discuss how we will make your trip as safe as possible.